Pattern: Formal Boot Bag by Laura Irwin
- Pattern $0 Visit your local library to borrow the book! Or the Bag Style book can be bought at Amazon for $14.
- Yarn $44.55 from Yarnmarket 3 skeins 183yds/100gms each (Suggested brand Takki Donegal Tweed Homespun, I choose Light Olive.
- Size 13 circular knitting needles (20'' long)
- Size 11 straight knitting needles
- 14.5'' Handle from Etsy $6.80
- Scrap fabric for lining & matching thread
Knitting Pattern Review
I applaud Laura on this pattern. It was exceptionally easy to knit! I'm a moderately advanced knitter but this bag was super fun and a beginner could easily conquer it. This was my first time felting a bag and after following the directions in the book i had a felted bag Little Time with No Tears. The yarn is more costly because it is 100% woll and nicly colored but the pattern was so pretty I couldnt resist. Laura woked the hourglass shape and styleled a modern and soft casual bag for every day use.
Designer on a Budget add-on's
I decided to line the purse with a cool Japanese Umbrella patterned fabric, I found some imitation leather handles via Etsy and added floral buttons i found at JoAnn. Here's how you can personalize this bag.
Designer Knit Bags
Average Designer on a Budget savings $208
Happy knitting : )